Skip to content
- Aquamarine is the green blue to blue variety of the mineral beryl. Its color is usually a light pastel blue to greenish blue
- Aquamarine’s name is derived from two Latin words: aqua, meaning “water,” and marina, meaning “of the sea”
- In 1936 the government of Brazil gave First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt a dark blue rectangular cut aquamarine that weighed 1,298 carats. It is now housed at the Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum in Hyde Park, New York
- Aquamarine was said to calm waves and keep sailors safe at sea. Sailors believed that mermaid's tails were made of Aquamarine
- Your birthstone is personal and affordable to collect. Birthstone jewelry creates a cherished gifting experience
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.